Deputy Prime Minister and  Foreign Minister of Vietnam, Pham Binh Minh, held bilateral meetings with leaders of El Salvador, Haiti and Burundi on the occasion of their participation in the XVII Summit of the Movement of the 
Non - Aligned developing Countries, taking place in Venezuela.  

In the dialogue with the Prime Minister of Haiti, Enex Jean Charles, the two sides called for increasing the exchange of delegations at various levels, and promote conditions for enterprises of the two countries to cooperate in telecommunications, agriculture, creation of rice brand and infrastructure.  Haiti expects Vietnam to send experts to the country to share experiences and techniques of rice cultivation. 

Vietnam already has deep economical ties with Haiti, the vietnamese state-owned telecom company Viettel, in 2010 bought  60% share of Télécommunications d'Haiti S.A.M. (Teleco) with the Haitian government keeping the remaining 40%, and together created the semi-private Natcom, one of Haiti's only two cell phone companies along with Digicel.